Established in 2006 the Bolton ICD (Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator) Support Group was founded to support patients and their families after an ICD has been implanted into a patient. The group was officially opened by former Bolton Wanderers manager Sam Allardyce and team coach Sammy Lee.
In 2012 we expanded the charity with our #defibs4bolton campaign and then in 2014 two more campaigns were launched #defibs4bury and #defibs4wigan all raising funds for Automated External Defibrillators for our community.
Aims and Objective of the Bolton ICD Support Group:
- To provide a forum for all ICD patients, carers, families and friends to discuss their concerns and problems and share experiences.
- To guide patients towards a support network that will enable them to access information and advice.
- To help patients with ICD’s to regain their confidence and morale when experiencing problems or during times of trouble.
- To provide literature and information on all topics which are relevant to ICD patients.
- Aim to raise funds to buy automated external defibrillators (AED’s) for local schools and sports clubs in Bolton, Bury and Wigan to improve survival rates in patients who suffer cardiac arrest in the local community as well as raising awareness of CPR, recognising cardiac arrest and how to help.
We hope that this site will provide access for patients, carers and families who need more information about their condition and what support is available.
Email us at email@example.com
Facebook us at http://www.facebook.com/BoltonIcdSupportGroup
Tweet us on twitter at @BoltonICDGroup
Support Group Meetings
If you want to discuss any concerns, problems or share experiences outside of our support group meetings please call our support line on 07592521089 or 07592521090. Please note this support line is not for technical problems or any connection with the hospital. It is voluntary run by ICD patients who want to support other ICD patients/carers.
These telephone numbers are for support only if you would like to speak to any of the committee members about anything other than support please send a email to the above email address or contact us via facebook or twitter.